WinterFest is March 6-8, 2015.
Public is welcome. THEME: “Creating Your Spiritual Legacy.”
WHAT: WinterFest is an annual lecture series featuring leading thinkers on issues of contemporary importance. It is a very scaled down, lecture only version of KindlingsFest our summer event.
GUEST LECTURER: Dr. Daniel Taylor, author of Creating a Spiritual Legacy: How to Share Your Stories, Values, and Wisdom, and also co-founder of The Legacy Center, an organization devoted to helping individuals and organizations identify and preserve the values and stories that have shaped their lives. He is a contributing editor of Books and Culture.
MUSIC: Jeff Johnson and Wendy Goodwin will lead contemplative worship Saturday morning! These truly great musicians are an eclectic blend of skillful dexterity, untamed imagination and passionate heart. Jeff Johnson's wide variety of recorded work is a testimony to both his considerable skill and his boundless love. He is a musician's musician, one who connects with a wide variety of people on a grand scale. He is equally at home capturing the slightest nuance on the smallest of recording projects and on the giant sound-stage of an Oscar winning film. Wendy Goodwin has distinguished herself as a versatile and creative presence in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through unique violin and vocal stylings joining Classical, Jazz and Americana. Ms. Goodwin currently performs extensively with Windham Hill/Ark Music recording artists Jeff Johnson and Brian Dunning.
- Fri. 7PM – SHALOM: The Purpose of All Things; LIFE AS PILGRIMAGE
- Sat. 9AM – Contemplative Worship with Jeff Johnson and Wendy Goodwin
- Sat. 10AM – What We Can Learn From Celtic Christianity
- Sat. 7PM – Telling Stories To Your Inner Atheist
- Sunday 9:30AM – Story-Shaped Faith
WHERE: Orcas Island Community Church 176 Madrona Street Eastsound Washington 98245
1) REGISTER at EVENTBRITE.(Click Here)
Fees: No Charge, but a suggested donation $80 for the weekend/ $25 for a single lecture.
2) Book accommodations now: Accommodations Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, Camping.
3) Meals and Other Things To Do On Orcas Island
- Dining Orcas is home to a wide range of dining options.
- Arts Art Galleries.
- Unique Shopping No malls, no chains, just wonderful local shoppes.
- Transportation Ferries (Walk On or Drive On!), Planes.